The History of NoHoFUMC


 Originally known as “The Community Church” NoHoFUMC was founded in 1892 and held it’s first services in a bunkhouse located on Lankershim Boulevard. Later the services were moved to the only school house in town. The church became known as “North Hollywood Church” in 1927 and in 1944 the old church was sold and the present property on Tujunga Avenue was purchased. The building was completed in time for the Easter Sunday service in 1949 with 1750 people in attendance at dual services in the Sanctuary and the Social Hall.