The Rev. Dr. Joey McDonald E.G.F Application
The Rev. Dr. Joey McDonald Educational Grant Fund Application
The McDonald Family formed the McDonald Scholarship Fund in memory of Rev. Dr. Joey McDonald, who passed away after 28 years of ministry at North Hollywood First United Methodist Church. This Educations Grant Fund is a cash account and will fund Education Grants for people working towards a degree (associate, bachelor, master, doctorate) at an accredited Community College, College or University. The grants will be issued up to the amount of $1,000.00 per year, per student, until the fund is exhausted.
- The student must be a member or related to an active church member or constituent of North Hollywood First United Methodist Church.
- The student must be seeking a college-level degree (associate, bachelor, master, or doctorate). This must be their first degree at each level. Students seeking a second bachelor or master degree will not be eligible.
- The student should be actively enrolled at a regionally accredited college or university in the United States.
- The Education Grant is a non-competitive grant. It carries no academic requirement or financial need threshold.
- A student may continue to apply through the progression of their education (associate to bachelor to master to doctorate).
- Students must submit a written request by July 1st of the grant year. Applications may be downloaded from our web site and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, delivered or mailed into the church office. Application will include applicant’s personal contact information, relationship to North Hollywood FUMC, educational goals, and verification of enrollment.
- Grants will be awarded by September 15th each year.
- Grant checks will be sent to directly to the school before the Fall term.
- Un-cashed grant checks will be cancelled after 120 days and the student notified. Students are welcome to reapply for a grant in the subsequent grant year.